ATTENTION: Your security is our aim. With or without hats, we try to make our readers feel welcome. From the mists of downtown Reykjavik we hype tunes that can make our society a safer place.

Monday, September 22, 2003

Q: You told BET last year that you had not seen the tape that allegedly shows you having sex with an underage girl. Have you seen it now?

R.Kelly: I can't get into the specifics of that, man. I got this trial coming up, and I don't want to take no chances.

Q: You are up on multiple sex-related charges, and you have been releasing a number of sexual songs, such as "Ignition." Why not shy away from that?

R.Kelly: People have to understand that this is my job. This is what I do. And because of it, not only have I been able to eat for 15 years, but there's a lot of people, not in just my record company but kids in other cities, kids in hospitals that have been able to eat because of my songs, because I decided to write songs and because I continued to write. I feel good about that.

Q: Plus, with the charges against you, you still put a lot of sexual imagery in your videos. Why do that?

R.Kelly: I wish people could just know me as a person. If [only] people knew Robert and weren't concentrating on what they see on the video, my alter ego with a cigar in his mouth, a drink in his hand and women around him -- that's placement. It's no different than when you go to a Broadway show and you see all the glitter and glamour, all the costumes. That is not those people when they come off the stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home