ATTENTION: Your security is our aim. With or without hats, we try to make our readers feel welcome. From the mists of downtown Reykjavik we hype tunes that can make our society a safer place.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Romayne Swim farþegi frá Boston til Glasgow 19. september vill koma fram þökkum til áhafnar á FI 630. Ferðasagan fylgir með hér.

On September 19th. I was a passenger on Icelandair flight #630 from Boston, Massachusetts to Glasgow, Scotland with a stopover in Keflavik, Iceland. I was taken ill on the first leg of this journey. I lost consciousness and vomited. I would like to thank the captain and crew on that flight who took care of me in such a compassionate and professional manner. Two doctors and a physicians assistant answered the call by the crew for medical help. The crew assisted the medical team and helped make me comfortable.
I wish there was some way for me to thank the passengers on that flight who so willingly gave up there seats to accommodate my daughter and those attending to me. I was able to personally thank the medical team, but of course, I have no way of knowing who the passengers were.
I am hoping that you will be able to forward this to the captain and crew of that flight. The captain came back to personally check on my condition and to tell me that he had ordered an ambulance to meet the plane in Keflavik and I was in the hospital for only 8 hours and then discharged. We were able to continue our trip on Thursday and I was fine the rest of the time.
You must be very proud of the caliber of the captains and crews manning the Icelandair planes.

Thank you all again.
Sincerely yours,
Romayne Swim

Ég var ekki einn af þessari áhöfn, þó lennti ég í því í sumar að Kínverji varð blár í framan og var ég sá eini sem var í cabínunni til þess að koma með hjálp og athuga hvort læknir væri um borð. Það voru 3 læknar um borð í hálfri vél morgunflugs frá Kaupmannahöfn. Héraðslæknir Fáskrúðsfjarðar sá að mestu um Kínverjan sem var í hóp vina sinna og enginn þeirra talaði ensku og fóru samskiptin fram í lófatölvu sem Kínverjarnir áttu þar sem þeir þýddu kínverskan texta yfir á ensku. Sjúkrabíll tók svo á móti bláa Kínverjanum áður en við komum að rana og komu þeir inn að aftan úr bílatröppum. Mig hlakkar óneitanlega til næsta sumars til að takast aftur á við þetta starf og gista á fínum hótelum í borgum Ameríku og upplifa næturlífið í þeim og versla svo daginn eftir með dagpeningum sem ég verð á. En fyrst þarf ég að klippa mig.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ekki klippa þig alveg strax. Hárið var að gera góða hluti á Laugardaginn/Sunnudaxmorguninn.

3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

takk haukur, i appreciate it, en ég mun verða stuttklipptur áður en ég byrja að vinna aftur næsta vor.

12:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home